Are you interested in building the future of journalism?
Do you like to innovate, create or lead?
Do you see yourself building your own news or media product/service?
JMS 527 Advanced Topics in Journalism: Journalism Intrapreneurship and Entrepreneurship may be the course for you!
JMS 527 Advanced Topics in Journalism:
Journalism Intrapreneurship and Entrepreneurship
Schedule #: 27331
Taught by Prof. Schmitz Weiss
Mondays 4-6:40 P.M.
• Learn how to use design thinking approaches in journalism contexts
• Critique the competitive media landscape
• Identify and apply the principles of journalism entrepreneurship
• Distinguish between intrapreneurship and entrepreneurship in media contexts
• Learn how to build an innovative media product or service
• Identify target communities and apply community engagement strategies
• Building a business strategy and sustainability plan
Journalism and Media Studies 300 with a grade of C (2.0) or better. Open to all JMS majors.
Reading, investigation, and research in a specialized topic in journalism. May be repeated with new content.
Questions? Email Prof. Schmitz Weiss at firstname.lastname@example.org