Are you interested in building the future of the media industry?
Do you like to innovate, create or lead?
Do you see yourself building your own media product/service? Or working for a start-up that is creating something new?
JMS 527 Advanced Topics in Journalism: Media Entrepreneurship might be the course for you!
JMS 527 Advanced Topics in Journalism:
Schedule #: 21912
Taught by Prof. Schmitz Weiss
Mondays 4-6:40 P.M.
- Apply design thinking approaches in media contexts
- Critique the competitive media landscape
- Identify and apply the principles of media entrepreneurship to various media cases
- Distinguish between intrapreneurship and entrepreneurship in media contexts
- Explicate the steps of how an innovative media product or service is brought to market
- Identify target communities and apply community engagement strategies to various media cases
Journalism and Media Studies 300 with a grade of C (2.0) or better. Open to all JMS majors.
Reading, investigation, and research in a specialized topic in journalism. May be repeated with new content.
Questions? Email Prof. Schmitz Weiss at firstname.lastname@example.org